2 packages Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 packages refrigerated crescent dough
2 yellow onions, diced
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons water
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Rolls:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Place diced onion in microwavable-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 5 minutes. Let cool.
2. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough and pinch dough to close the seams (you will have 1 large sheet of the dough). Lightly sprinkle the dough with garlic powder.
3. Remove Premio Sausage from casings. Spread the raw sausage meat on the dough generously.
4. Spread half of the cooled onions on top of the meat. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese on top of the onions.
5. Roll the dough, starting at one of the short ends, until you have 1 large log. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
6. When you are ready to bake, remove log from wax paper and slice with a serrated knife into 8 pieces. Place on un-greased cookie sheet, approximately 1-2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for approximately 30 minutes or until rolls are a dark golden brown on the bottom and the sausage is cooked through. Remove with spatula and enjoy.