1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled 1/2 loaf of your favorite bread
5 eggs (or 2 eggs and 5 egg whites for a healthier version)
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon parsley
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Souffle:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease a 13×9 glass dish.
2. Remove the crust of the bread with a knife and then chop the slices of bread into small, 1/4″ to 1/2″ squares. Add the spices to your bread cubes and gently crumble them a little more with your hands.
3. Mix the eggs and milk briskly in a bowl.
4. In the glass dish, spread a layer of bread cubes, just enough to coat the bottom of your pan. Layer Premio Sausage over that, then cheese. Repeat with more bread cubes, more sausage, more cheese and top with the remaining bits of bread crumbs. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread mixture.Place into preheated oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Remove and serve warm.
SERVES: 4-5SERVES: 4-5