5 Premio Hot Italian Sausage links
3 bell peppers
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
1 cup pre-cooked rice
2 red apples (1 diced)
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup yellow hominy
1/4 cup peach preserves
1/4 dried cranberries
1 tablespoon cumin
6 small skewers
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Skewered Sausage Pepper Overload:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F). Remove casings from sausage and chop into pieces. Place in a skillet with onions and garlic; cook over medium heat until sausages are browned. Remove from heat and drain.
2, Add half of the cheese, rice, diced apple, black beans, hominy, peach preserves, dried cranberries and cumin. Stir well.
3. Cut peppers in half length-wise and remove membranes. Spoon the sausage mixture into the cut peppers.
4. Cut remaining apple into 12 wedges. Cut remaining sausage into 6 coins.
5. Skewer apple, sausage, apple and stick into peppers. Place peppers in a large baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, according to doneness of pepper. 10 minutes before removing, top peppers with remaining cheese. Serve.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6