1 pound Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casing
1/2 pound ground chicken
2 slices wheat bread, toasted
1 small onion, diced
1/2 small zucchini, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 rib celery, diced
2 large eggs
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Slice the top off each pepper and set aside. Clean the seeds and ribs out of each pepper and pierce the bottom with a fork. Place on a baking rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Beat eggs with a fork in a large bowl. Add diced onion, zucchini, carrot and celery.
3. Crumble toasted bread into fine crumbs or pulse in a food processor. Add to bowl, along with Premio Sausage, ground chicken, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper. Combine everything gently with your hands.
4. Spoon the mixture equally into the six peppers; bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, replace each pepper top and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.