3/4 pound Premio Italian Sausage with Pepper, Onion & Mushroom, casing removed 2 cans white beans, drained with liquid reserved
1 small red onion, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 cup good quality chicken stock
1 1/2 cups finely shredded parmesan cheese
Olive oil, sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
Sourdough baguette, thinly sliced and lightly toasted Fresh sage, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio White Bean "Risotto":
1. In a large sauce pot on medium heat, lightly sweat the onion and celery in oil for 4 minutes. Add the Premio Sausage and cook until just brown, breaking up the sausage into small pieces as it cooks.
2. Add the beans and using a large wooden spoon, mash the beans into a “risotto” consistency. Fold in the shredded parmesan cheese.
3. Add the chicken stock to create the desired texture. The mixture can be pulsed in a food processor with the reserved bean juice to create a smooth mousse like consistency. Season to taste. Serve warm on sliced baguette.
SERVES: 3-4SERVES: 3-4