4 inches Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage
1 pint petite sweet peppers- yellow, red and purple, sliced and seeded
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water
Semolina Italian bread- crusty on outside and soft on inside
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Womanwich:
1. Slice onion, width-wise, and put into large stainless steel pan. Place on high flame with 1/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling lower flame to a simmer and stir with wooden spoon.
2. Prepare peppers by slicing and seeding. Add olive oil to the onions and continue to occasionally stir until water is evaporated. Once onion starts to brown, add in peppers. Place lid back on.
3. Cut Premio Sausage into 1/2-inch discs. Occasionally stir peppers and onions until peppers look wilted. Transfer peppers to a bowl.
4. Place sausage chunks into same pan as olive oil and cook with lid on, tossing them occasionally with wooden spoon or spatula (sausages are done when they’re slightly browned). Turn off flame.
5. Slice bread down center, length-wise, and put half of pepper and onion mixture onto bread. Add sausages and eat!
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4