16 ounces Premio Mild Italian Sausage
4 jarred, drained whole roasted red peppers
1 1/3 cups marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded asiago cheese
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio's Super Bowl Sausage Quesadillas:
1. Grill or broil the Premio Sausage until cooked through. Allow to cool for ten minutes, then cut into rounds.
2. Place four of the tortillas onto the counter or a work surface. Divide the sausage rounds evenly over the tortillas.
3. Tear the roasted red peppers into strips and divide the strips evenly among the sausage rounds.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup of marinara sauce over the top of each tortilla, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella, 1/4 cup of asiago and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning blend. Repeat until all tortillas are topped, then place the four remaining tortillas over the toppings.
5. Using a gas grill or a large skillet, carefully slide each of the quesadillas onto a medium-high heated surface. Grill or cook until one side is lightly golden, then use two spatulas to flip the quesadillas over and brown the other side.
6. Once finished, cut each warm quesadilla into quarters to serve.
SERVES: 4 (main dish) or 8 (appetizer)
Looking to spice up your event, party, or even your typical dinner? Try this great recipe for a quesadilla using high-quality Premio Sausage and other great flavors. Each is perfect for an easy meal while being fun to eat year round. Try this and hundreds of other free recipes online today from Premio Foods!SERVES: 4 (main dish) or 8 (appetizer)