1 pound Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley leaves
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon clove
4 large eggs, hard boiled
1 large egg
2 cups panko, seasoned (or dry breadcrumbs)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premium Scotch Eggs Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degress (F). Mix the Premio Sausage thoroughly with the seasonings and divide into four equal portions.
2. Hard boil the large eggs for about 12 minutes. Remove, peel them, dip in water and coat in flour. Wrap each egg evenly in a portion of meat, being sure they are completely covered. Beat the remaining egg.
3. Dip each egg in the beaten egg, then coat thoroughly in breadcrumbs; chill for 1 hour.
4. Bake eggs on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees (F) for 30 minutes, until golden brown. For sauce, mix mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice together, and serve with scotch eggs.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6