1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup warm water
Ingredients for Filling:
1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
8-oz. can of mashed, organic pumpkin
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Sauce:
4 oz. butter
1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pumpkin Filled Ravioli With Brown Butter Sauce, Sweet Premio Sausage and Pecans:
Looking for a mouthwatering, heartwarming holiday recipe to try out this fall and winter? Brimming with the perfect spiced balance of savory and sweet, this seasonal ravioli dish will warm you on a brisk night and have you coming back for seconds. You’ll need a ravioli mold.
1. To make the ravioli dough, mix salt and flour in one bowl and blend egg and water in another bowl. Then, combine the two mixtures and beat into a dough. Continue to knead the dough until firm and smooth in texture, making sure it isn’t too sticky, wet or dry. Shape into a ball, flatten and wrap in cling wrap to set aside for an hour at room temperature.
2. Drain your mashed pumpkin using a paper towel to get rid of excess liquid, then mix the puree with brown sugar, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves, combining until evenly mixed and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Remove the Premio Sweet Italian Sausage from its casing. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute your Premio Sweet Italian sausage with olive oil, breaking into small crumbles and cooking until well-browned. Set aside half your cooked sausage meat and add the other half into the mashed pumpkin filling, mixing well.
4. Unwrap the ravioli dough, break into four parts and flatten with a roller on a floured surface, rolling until thin and lifting to make sure the dough doesn’t stick. Flour your ravioli mold lightly and then place one thin, rolled-out sheet of dough over the mold, making sure it covers all 12 holes and settles down. Place small portions of your pumpkin sausage ravioli filling into each mold indentation, filling until level with the surface of the mold. When all 12 holes are full, place a second sheet of rolled-out ravioli dough on top.
5. Using your rolling pin, roll over the top layer of ravioli dough on your mold, flattening the dough and binding it together along the edges to separate the ravioli. Carefully separate the ravioli from each other and the excess dough, then flip the mold to release them. Repeat the dough and filling process with the remaining ravioli filling and the two remaining sheets of rolled ravioli dough. You should now have 24 uncooked ravioli.
6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
7. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350°F, toast your pecans for about 10 minutes and chop them roughly.
8. In a skillet over medium heat, add your butter and cook for four minutes until it starts to brown. Remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and apple cider vinegar, stirring until sugar dissolves and the sauce is slightly thickened. Mix in remaining sausage meat, add in ravioli and gently coat with brown butter sauce, then serve on four plates and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Delicious!
If you love the way our Sweet Italian Sausage meat tastes in this recipe, you’ll love our other Premio sausage varieties, as well!
Try them all today — search for Premio sausage in a store near you.