8 ounces Premio Sausage (choose your favorite) (or your favorite Premio Sausage variety)
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 avocado, peeled, pitted & chopped
4 chopped scallions
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup cilantro leaves, fresh
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 clove chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
Salt & pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Quinoa Mexican Salad with Sausage:
1. Begin with the dressing by combining the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro leaves, garlic and cumin in a blender. Blend until smooth, then add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, boil salted water and cook quinoa uncovered for 10 minutes, then drain in a sieve. Bringing 1-½ inches of water to a boil in the pot, place the sieve with quinoa over the pot so the quinoa does not touch the water. Cover with a clean towel and lid, then turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to steam the quinoa for 10 minutes until fluffy. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring occasionally, until browned. Use the spatula to break up the meat into small, bite-sized chunks or crumbles. Set aside.
4. Combine the quinoa and sausage with the dressing and add cooked corn, beans, tomatoes, avocado and scallions, then toss together gently. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve at room temperature.
Serves: 4Serves: 4