- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Quinoa with Premio Sausage and Peppers:
1. Pour in 4 cups of chicken stock with the quinoa. Over high heat, bring mixture to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, until the quinoa is tender, approximately 20-25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the Premio sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until sausage is browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center. Remove to drain on a paper towel-lined plate; keep warm.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the diced onion into the remaining oil in the skillet. Cook until the onion begins to caramelize, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
5. Stir in the red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and green bell peppers. Cook for 1 minute before adding in the paprika and cumin. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes before adding in 1 cup of chicken stock.
6. Bring everything to a simmer, then cook until the peppers soften and the mixture reduces and thickens, approximately 10-15 minutes.
7. Return the sausage to the skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the sausage is hot. Remove and serve dish over the bed of quinoa.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6