2 pounds Premio Hot Italian Sausage, sliced
2 cups chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
2 cans( 28 ounces) crush tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh hot pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup ground chili powder
1/2 cup dark rum
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Hot pepper sauces to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Red Hot Chili with Rum:
1. Brown Premio Hot Italian Sausage in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Drain any excess fat while leaving 1 tablespoon behind.
2. Stir in green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook and stir about 8 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 1 hour, or until thickened. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8