16 ounces Premio Chorizo Sausage
1 large carrot, peeled
1 red bell pepper
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
1 large fresh garlic cluster
Fresh basil, shredded
1 medium tomato, diced
3/4 cup fresh shredded Romano or Asiago cheese
16 ounces Farfalle pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Roasted Chorizo, Garlic and Vegetable Farfalle:
1. Turn oven to 350 degrees (F). Cut the top off of the garlic cluster, pour 1 teaspoon olive oil over it and roast in garlic roaster or aluminum foil for 1 hour, or until garlic cloves are tender. Remove from oven, let cool and carefully remove cloves from their paper. Set aside.
2. Set the oven to broil. Slice the Premio Chorizo sausage into pennies. Julienne all veggies but onion to a uniform size, approx 2 1/2 to 3-inches long.
3. Drop carrots into boiling water for 3 – 5 minutes to lightly soften them. Toss all vegetables but the onion into a bowl; drizzle 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil over them, salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat them evenly. Spill them onto a cookie sheet, leaving room for the onion slices. Spill the Chorizo sausage onto the pan and fit in with the veggies.
4. Brush each onion slice front and back with olive oil and place flat amongst other veg on cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet under the broiler and turn veggies and sausage several times to roast them evenly.
5. Prepare 16 ounces farfalle pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss all ingredients together with 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic cloves, cheese and basil, adding salami or ham if desired. Toss carefully to avoid smashing soft cloves or veg. Garnish with diced tomato and shredded basil, serve with crusty bread.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6