1 pound Premio Premio Italian Sausage with Cheese & Basil, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 large onions, cut into quarters
1 large red pepper, cored and sliced into 2 inch pieces
2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Roasted Sausage and Eggplant:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil spray. Cover the bottom of the dish with the eggplant.
2. Place the Premio Sausages on top of the eggplant.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour on top of the sausages.
4. Spray top layer with olive oil spray. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well and place back into oven; bake for an additional 20 minutes. Once sausages are cooked through, run the dish under the broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the cheese and breadcrumbs.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4