Mustard Dipping Sauce:
1/3 cup Creole mustard or stone-ground mustard
1 tablespoon orange marmalade or peach preserves
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 pound Premio Andouille Sausage
2 bunches of scallions
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons hot sauce
Soak skewers completely in water for at least 30 minutes
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sassy Grilled Premio Sausage & Shrimp Skewers:
1. Combine mustard, orange marmalade and hot sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat grill or broiler. Divide scallions into individual strips and blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain skewers.
3. Thread 2 shrimp and 1 Premio Sausage slice onto each skewer, twisting a scallion strip around each skewer. Repeat with remaining skewers, shrimp, sausage and scallions. Brush shrimp with hot sauce.
4. Place skewers on grill and grill for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are cooked through.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6