1 package Premio Sweet & Hot Italian Sausage (Combo Pack)
1 pound carrots, peeled
2 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup butter, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds sweet potatoes, roasted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 bag Party ‘tizers Three Bean Dippin’ Chips
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sassy Sausage and Sweet Potato Dip:
1. Cut carrots in 1-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan with water, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, pepper, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil; cook until water evaporates, about 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Place Premio Sausage on broiler pan; place under heating element 7-9. Broil sausage for 10-12 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from oven. Once slightly cooled, coarsely chop sausage.
3. Remove carrots from heat. Cut remaining butter into 1-inch pieces; add to hot, cooked carrots along with sweet potato pulp, sour cream, and hot pepper sauce.
4. Using an immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth and creamy. Spread hot mixture into a large shallow dish; sprinkle with cooked sausage.
5. Place dip on the center of a large platter. Arrange Three Bean Dippin’ Chips and Super Grains Dippin’ Chips around dip.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6