1 (16 ounce) package Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage links
1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound rigatoni
Dash of oregano
Hanful of fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage and Rigatoni Italian:
1. Begin water to boil for rigatoni. In a skillet, brown Premio Sausage, breaking into small chunks as frying.
2. Add rigatoni to boiling water and cook until done, according to package directions; drain.
3. Add garlic and onion to browned, fully cooked sausage. Add a splash of olive oil; toss until combined.
4. Add remainder of ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes or until desired consistency. Serve over rigatoni top with grated parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4