1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1/2 cup shredded sharp provolone cheese
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1 small yellow onion
1 tablespoon crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Bread:
1. Rub frozen bread loaf with crisco shortening; place on a cookie sheet and put a thin kitchen towel over to rise.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, saute Premio Sausage and onion until done.
3. Once dough has risen, pat out flat on cookie sheet. Sprinkle pepper on dough along with 1/2 of the parmesan and 1/2 of the provolone cheese on 1/2 side of dough. Then add the sausage and onions on the same side. Sprinkle the rest of the cheeses over the sausage, then pull the other side of the dough over the filled side and pinch the sides to seal.
4. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes. Pull out of oven and rub top with butter; cook for another 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4