1/2 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage & Chickpea Salad:
1. Cook the sausage according to the instructions on the packaging. When the sausages are finished, drain the excess fat and cut them into 1/4-inch pieces. Let them cool.
2. Put the mixed salad greens into a large serving bowl. Add the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, red onion, pecans and sausage. Top it with the parmesan cheese. Leave the salad layered, or toss it to combine the ingredients.
3. Make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, mayo, sugar, lemon juice, parmesan, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined. Drizzle over the salad or serve on the side.
You can serve this garden chickpea salad as a side or the main dish. The spicy sausage compliments the crunchy veggies and tasty chickpeas perfectly, while the dressing provides a tangy kick with every bite.
Using Premio sausage in this salad takes it up another notch. Use our store locator today to find a grocery store with Premio in stock!