2 packages Premio Hot Italian Sausage Meat
4 slices mozzarella cheese
4 brioche buns, cut in half
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cups prepared red chili, warmed up
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage + Chili Burger:
1. Preheat your grill.
2. In a bowl, mix the sausage meat and breadcrumbs until the ingredients are evenly combined. Form the meat into 4 patties and generously season each, on both sides, with salt and black pepper. The patties should be thick.
3. Grill the burgers over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side. They should cook to about medium or medium-rare. If you want the burgers less pink on the inside, leave them on the grill longer.
4. While the burgers are cooking, add some olive oil to a grill pan, and saute the onions until they become tender. Season them with salt and black pepper.
5. Just before the burgers are done, lay a slice of cheese on each one, and let it melt.
6. Brush the burger buns with olive oil, and toast them for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Take the toasted buns off the grill. Put a burger on each one, and top them with the chili and onions.
8. Serve these burgers hot, and watch everyone enjoy them!
Broaden your grilling skills and wow your friends and family at your next picnic with these Red Chili Sausage Burgers. Everyone will appreciate that you chose to branch out and present a unique new recipe, and you can expect them to ask for these burgers again at the next gathering! On top of all that, you’ll feel confident that you’re making a great dish when you cook with Premio products.
Need help finding Premio in-store? Be sure to check out our store locator to find the nearest one to you!