1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage or Premio Hot Italian Sausage (may use 1/2 lb. of each)
2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
1 large red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 large tomatoes, chopped (may use canned tomatoes, but drain well)
Olive oil for frying
1 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sprinkle of dried red pepper, to taste
1 1/2 pounds of pasta
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage & Eggplant Pasta:
1. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil. Remove Premio Sausage from casings and brown until cooked well. Add eggplant , pepper, onion and garlic; saute until eggplant and peppers are soft and onion is transparent (about 10 -15 minutes). Add more oil if necessary.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and seasonings; stir well. Add wine, cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 20-30 minutes.
3. Cook pasta in a large pot during the last 7-8 minutes of the sauce’s simmering. Add salt and pepper to taste.
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8