1 16-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, shredded
1 tbsp. lemon zest, grated
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Kebabs With Mint Pesto Sauce:
1. Soak wooden skewers in a medium-sized bowl filled with tepid water for 30-45 minutes to allow skewers to absorb liquid. Remove wooden skewers from water and set aside to use while still wet. (Note: Allow skewers to soak while performing other kebab mint sauce recipe directions.)
2. Place minced garlic, shredded mint leaves, shredded parsley leaves, grated lemon zest, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt or kosher salt, ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes in a blender or food processor. Pulse or blend until all ingredients are well-combined. Allow garlic and mint pesto mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Sausage from the original package. Place sausage links on a plate and put the plate in the freezer. Allow sausage links to chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove sausage links from the freezer and transfer them to a cutting board or another sanitized cutting surface. Use a very sharp knife to carefully cut the chilled sausage links into 1/4-inch medallions.
5. Place Premio Sweet Italian Sausage link medallions into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add about half of the garlic and mint pesto and toss to coat the sausage medallions completely. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat grill to a medium or medium-high setting.
7. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Sausage medallions from the refrigerator.
8. Place 3-4 Premio Sweet Italian Sausage medallions on each previously soaked wooden skewer. Grill each skewer for about 5-10 minutes, turning at least once to ensure even cooking.
9. Serve Premio Sweet Italian Sausage medallions on a skewer with remaining garlic and mint pesto as a dipping sauce.