1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 Long roll
4 green peppers, sliced in strips
Fresh parsley, chopped
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, crushed
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage n Pepper Sammies:
1. Gently boil Premio Sausage in water until cooked through. Finish off on the grill until it has a nice, crusty brown color.
2. While sausages are cooking, begin your sweet peppers. Slice peppers lengthwise and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, pour 1/4″ olive oil; heat. Add peppers to skillet (oil will be ready when pepper dipped in oil sizzles).
4. Add a four finger pinch of oregano, a 2 finger pinch of parsley, a 2 finger pinch of salt, 6 turns of fresh ground pepper, a 2 finger pinch of pepper flakes, a 2 finger pinch basil and 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed.
5. On high heat, cook peppers until they are blistered but not browning (the idea is not to steam and not to burn). Turn heat to medium-low and let the peppers cook until the are tender and almost spreadable.
6. Cut the bread into 5 sections and slice an opening. Brush inside with olive oil. Grill bread open faced while removing the sausages. Serve sausages in bread and cover generously with peppers.
SERVES: 4-5SERVES: 4-5