1 16-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin, ground
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
2 medium-size red or Vidalia (sweeter) onions
2 medium-size green or red sweet bell peppers
1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks, drained Print
How to make Sausage, Pineapple and Red Onion Kebabs:
1. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Sausage from the package. Place the sausage on a plate, then transfer the plate to the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until meat is firm but not frozen. Remove the plate from the freezer and transfer the meat to a plastic cutting board.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut half-inch to three-quarter inch chunks of Premio Sweet Italian Sausage. Set the chunks of uncooked sausage aside.
3. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, 2 tbsp. olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Add chunks of uncooked Premio Sweet Italian Sausage to the mixture. Toss to coat the sausage.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high temperature.
5. Cut both onions in half. Cut each half into 4 pieces to create 16 pieces of onion.
6. Cut both peppers in half. Remove the seeds. Cut each half into 4 pieces to make 16 total pieces of green or red sweet bell pepper.
7. In a medium-size bowl, mix onion pieces, pepper chunks and pineapple chunks. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and stir to cover the produce.
8. Thread approximately 6-8 skewers with Premio Sweet Italian Sausage chunks, onion pieces, pepper chunks and pineapple chunks. Place the skewers on the grill. Turn the skewers every 2-3 minutes until the sausage kebabs are lightly brown, and cook through until sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. using a meat thermometer.
Serve this sausage kebab recipe immediately with warm naan or another type of flatbread.