1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 flour tortillas
3/4 – 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1/2 small red onion, sliced
1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Optional Toppings: Sour Cream Salsa
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Quidillas:
1. Place Premio Sausage on grill and cook, over medium heat, until no longer pink. Once finished, dice and set aside.
2. In a skillet, sauté onion and red pepper in 1 tsp. oil for 5 minutes. Add corn and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato and sausage; heat through.
3. Place a tortilla on grill. Sprinkle with cheese and then add sausage and ingredients on top of cheese. Grill tortilla for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping over with a spatula, or until cheese has melted.
4. Cut each into three wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
SERVES: 2-3SERVES: 2-3