6 Premio Mild Italian Sausage links
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley and basil
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas (in pod)
1 handful of fresh spinach leaves, stems removed and torn in half
1/4 cup shredded romano cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage & Snap Pea Penne:
1. Heat broiler. Broil Premio Sausages on wire rack over pan for 7 minutes on each side. Remove from broiler and slice sausages into thin rounds; put aside.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat in large deep skillet. Saute garlic and onions for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, pepper and salt; cook for additional 2 minutes.
3. Add rest of butter and frozen peas, cooking and stirring until all butter has melted.
4. Add chicken broth, sliced sausage and fresh herbs. Lower to med/low heat and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas and spinach; stir and cook 30 seconds (just long enough to wilt spinach). Pour sauce over penne in serving bowl, top with sausage and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6