1 16 oz. package Premio Sweet Italian sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 8 oz. package mushrooms, diced
1 yellow or white onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup flour, white or wheat (any brand)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 8 oz. cans chicken, vegetable or beef stock
1 cup light sour cream (any brand)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Stroganoff:
1. Remove the Premio Sweet Italian sausage links from packaging and place in a bowl. Place the bowl in the freezer, uncovered.
2. Heat a large pot filled 2/3 with water on top of the stove. Once the water boils, add the entire package of egg noodles. Continue cooking the egg noodles according to the package directions. Once finished, drain the noodles into a colander. Set colander with noodles to the side.
3. Remove the bowl of sausage from the freezer. Place cold sausage links on wooden or plastic cutting board. Slice the sausage into coins for the stroganoff by cutting 1/2-inch medallions with a sharp knife.
4. Place olive oil in a large skillet and turn the heat to a low-medium setting. After 30 seconds, add the sausage medallions to skillet. Cook for eight minutes, stirring and turning medallions frequently to ensure even cooking. The sausage will be done once it’s heated throughout and slightly golden.
5. Remove the cooked sausage from the skillet and transfer to a medium-sized, heat-safe bowl. Set aside.
6. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to skillet. Heat for four minutes over the same low-medium heat setting, or until mushrooms are tender and onions are slightly translucent.
7. Add the sausage back into the skillet and stir with the vegetables.
8. Stir the flour, salt, paprika, salt and pepper into the skillet.
9. Stir the chicken, vegetable or beef stock into the skillet.
10. Bring all items to a boil while stirring constantly. Cook for two minutes until the sauce is thick.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir the sour cream into the sausage mixture.
12. Place cooked egg noodles on a plate and top with your Premio Sweet Italian sausage stroganoff. Serve warm with a tossed green side salad.
If this meal sounds like the perfect dinner for you and your family, use our store locator to find a retailer near you with Premio sausage!