Eight links of Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
One medium yellow onion, diced
20 slices of pepperoni
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon butter
Suggested serving size: Eight
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage-Stuffed Pepperoni Bread:
Cheesy, bubbly, pizza-like sausage and pepperoni bread makes a welcome addition to any football buffet. Eat this delicious bread as an appetizer, or save it for the main course. Whenever you serve our pepperoni-sausage bread, it will be a hit.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. As it heats, add butter to a skillet and sauté the diced onion until translucent. Set the onions aside in a bowl.
2. Remove sausage from casings and brown it in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up the sausage and stirring until no pink remains — about 10 minutes. Drain into a strainer.
3. Roll the dough to fit a lined, rimmed baking sheet. Combine the sausage and onion, and spread onto the pizza dough. Add the pepperoni, spreading evenly.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on the dough, leaving 1 inch around the sides. Evenly add the ground pepper and onion powder.
5. Roll up the dough beginning at one long end, keeping it as tight as possible. Pinch at the ends to seal it. Put the seam side down. Beat the egg and add a bit of water. Then, spread the egg wash on the bread.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Take the bread out and let it sit for 10 minutes. Slice into eight pieces and serve.
Use our store locator to find Premio sausage near you!
Recipe inspiration from @whiskeyandaprons