Ingredients:8 medium potatoes
2 slices of bread soaked in water and squeezed dry
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon stock
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (omit if using hot sausage)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Italian Sausage Stuffed Potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Boil potatoes with skins on for 10 minutes. Drain, peel, and with a teaspoon, scoop out a deep hole for stuffing.
2. Remove casings from Premio Sausage, and in a pot, add sausage, bread, butter, parsley, stock and egg yolk; mix together very well. Stuff potatoes with mixture, carefully.
3. Place potatoes on a greased baking dish. Dot potatoes with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place into preheated oven at 400 degrees (F) and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!