1 1/2 pounds Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 medium zucchini, shredded
1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
2 teaspoons fennel seed (optional)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage-Vegetable Stuffed Peppers:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Mix all of the ingredients together, except peppers.
2. Take sausage-vegetable mixture and fill peppers.
3. Place into preheated oven and for one hour. Remove, allow to cool and serve.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4