2 Premio Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed
2 tablespoons butter
1 shallot, minced
4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon brandy
1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausauge Stuffed Mushrooms:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degress (F). Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop.
2. In a medium skillet, saute shallot, Premio Hot Italian Sausage and mushroom stems until sausage is cooked and liquid evaporated. Scrape mixture into a bowl and combine with blue cheese, cream cheese, brandy and thyme.
3. In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Immediately remove from heat and toss mushroom caps in melted butter until well coated.
4. Arrange caps, stem-end up, on a baking sheet and mound about 2 teaspoons sausage filling in each. Bake until cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are tender but still hold their shape, about 10 minutes.
SERVES: 12SERVES: 12