- 12 ounces Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cups dry white bread cubes
- 4 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cups toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
How to make Savory Stuffing:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). In a large skillet, cook Premio Sausage until browned. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same skillet cook onion, pepper, and celery in hot butter until tender. Set aside
3. In a large bowl combine bread cubes and corn bread. Add sausage, onion mixture, cranberries, poultry seasoning, pepper and pine nuts.
4. Drizzle mixture with enough broth to moisten (about 1 cup). Toss lightly to combine.
5. Place stuffing in a two-quart casserole and bake at 325 degrees (F) uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.