1 package Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), casings removed
1 medium purple onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
6 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Savory Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes:
1. In a preheated 400 degree (F) oven, bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour or until cooked through.
2. In a large skillet, cook Premio Sausage over medium heat, breaking up with a spoon for 15 minutes. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook for an additional 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat.
3. Add cream cheese, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt and pepper to skillet; stir to combine. Cut sweet potatoes in half and add the flesh to the sausage mixture; stir to combine.
4. Place mixture back into reserved halves and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove and let cool before serving.