- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Scrumptious Stuffed Mushrooms:
1. Remove Premio Sausage from casing and brown in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps on paper towel to drain; set stems aside.
3. Combine all cheeses, 2 tablespoons red wine and cooked sausage in a large bowl; mix well. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mixture so that they have a slightly rounded top. Add breadcrumbs to a small bowl. Dip cheesy side of stuffed mushrooms into breadcrumbs.
4. Using a 9×9 inch buttered baking pan, add stuffed mushrooms, cheesy-side up. Once mushrooms are in the pan, add wine so that it covers roughly the bottom half of mushroom (this is where the amount of wine is approximate, as it depends upon mushroom sizes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Cook for 15-20 minutes, until cheese has melted. Remove, place on a serving dish and serve while hot.