1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup roasted sliced almonds
2 cups roasted grape tomatoes
3 cloves roasted garlic
Pinch red pepper flakes
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sicilian Pesto:
1. In a pan covered with foil, roast the grape tomatoes with garlic and olive oil for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees (F).
2. While roasting, blend the basil, oregano, cheese, and almonds; slowly add the oil. Once tomatoes are done, mash them for a few seconds, to break them up a bit; add to the pesto.
3. Remove casings from Premio Sausage and in a pan, fry with the drippings from the tomato pan and olive oil. Cook over high heat for about 6-7 minute. Combine and finish with lots of red pepper flakes, almonds, and sea salt.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5