1 pound Premio Italian Sausage with Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary, grilled and cut into 1/2″ pieces
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups bottled clam juice
1 pound small clams, scrubbed
1 1/2 cups matchstick-size strips fennel (about 1 bulb)
1 cup matchstick-size strips red bell pepper (about 1/2 large pepper)
1/2 cup matchstick-size strips zucchini (about 1 small)
1 pound mussels, scrubbed, debearded
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sicilian Seafood & Sausage Stew:
1. Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium heat. Add onion; saute for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; saute for 4 minutes.
2. Increase heat to high; add wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add clam juice; simmer for 3 minutes. Add clams; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Mix in fennel, bell pepper and zucchini.
3. Add mussels, Premio Sausage and olives. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until shellfish open, about 5 minutes (discard any that do not open). Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.