3 Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links, casings removed
1 3/4 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Simply Delicious Sweet Sausage & Onion White Pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F). Lightly mist pizza crust and the rim with olive oil; place on parchment paper or aluminum foil lined pizza pan and set aside.
2. Crumble Premio Sausage and place in a medium non-stick saute pan over medium heat; brown well. Add onion and continue to cook until onion is soft. Remove from heat and drain well; set aside and allow to cool. Once sausage has cooled, combine it with half of the mozzarella cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, nutmeg and salt & pepper. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1″ border. Sprinkle sausage mixture over ricotta, then top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
4. Bake pizza in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and beginning to turn golden. Cool slightly before slicing into wedges. Serve garnished with additional parsley and parmesan.
SERVES: 2SERVES: 2