Ingredients:2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon capers
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup basil leaves, snipped
2 tablespoons dried currants
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sizzling Summer Premio Sausage and Raspberry Salad:
1. Preheat grill to medium heat. Cook Premio Sausage for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally or until the sausages are cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
2. In a sturdy, small saucepan, place the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, lemon zest and pepper. Place pan on the grill rack and heat until vinaigrette is well blended and warmed through.
3. Divide spinach onto plates. Place one sausage on top of spinach. Sprinkle on the berries, basil, currants and pine nuts. Drizzle the dressing over top, garnish and serve.
SERVES: 3-4SERVES: 3-4