Ingredients:2 (13 ounce) packages cavatelli pasta
1 small bunch kale, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, sliced
3 cups vegetable broth
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Slam Dunk Cavatelli with Chicken Sausage and Kale:
1. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the Premio Sausage to the pan and brown on each side, about 3 minutes each side (don’t worry if not cooked through, it will finish cooking in a bit). Remove from the pan, and once cooled enough to handle, slice into rounds and set aside.
2. In the same pan over medium-low heat, add another drizzle of olive oil; add the garlic and kale. Once garlic is lightly golden, add in the broth and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. While the garlic and kale is simmering, cook the pasta. Cook pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes and drain. The pasta will finish cooking when combined withthe kale and sausage.
4. Once kale has simmered for 15-20 minutes, add sausage back in and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Toss the cavatelli in and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some grated pecorino over top and enjoy.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5