1 (16 ounce) package Premio Chorizo Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
32 ounces chicken broth
1 cup milk
16 ounces sour cream
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 packet taco seasoning
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Slam-Dunk Shrimp Soup:
1. Heat a pan to medium temperature. Add Premio Sausage to pan and cook according to package directions.
2. While sausage is cooking, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 more minute. Add the broth, milk and sour cream, stirring continuously.
3. Stir in the beans, chick peas, corn and spices, and continue to simmer over low heat.
4. Add shrimp and cooked chorizo to soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8