2 Premio Hot Italian Sausage links, lightly browned
3 carrots, diced
1 head broccoli, chopped
4 large potatoes, diced
4 cups beef or chicken stock
4 cups half-and-half
3-4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon garlic
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Slon Sausage Chowder:
1. Slice and slightly brown Premio Sausages in a pan.
2. In a crockpot, add browned sausage, corn, carrots, broccoli, potatoes, broth, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and 1 tablespoon garlic. Cook on low heat for 10 hours (or on high for 6 hours) until potatoes are tender.
3. During last hour of cooking, combine 1 cup of half-and-half with the cornstarch. Add remaining half-and-half and cornstarch mixture into the soup. Serve.
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4