1/2 pound Premio Chorizo Sausage, casings removed
1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1/4 cup piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers, chopped
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Smoky Sausage & Chick Pea Dip:
1. Place chick peas on a flat plate; crush with a fork and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and sauté Premio Sausage and garlic, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Stir in chick peas, piquillo peppers, sherry, paprika and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
3. Stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6