1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 pound spaghetti noodles, boiled, drained & tossed with 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 orange pepper
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spaghetti Pie:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and mushrooms for 8-10 minutes, or until onions are slightly browned. Add pepper and sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes, until softened. Set aside.
2. Remove Premio Sausage from casings and brown sausage in the skillet until fully cooked through, according to package instructions. Drain and put back into skillet along with sautéed vegetables. Stir in spaghetti sauce and heat through.
3. Line a greased casserole dish with the spaghetti noodles, packing tightly. Spread the sauce mixture evenly over the noodles and top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
4. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese has melted and is bubbly. Let cool slightly before enjoying.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6