1 16-oz. package Premio Fresh Chorizo
1 medium red or yellow onion, chopped finely
1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
1 14-16 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/4 cup chicken broth (any brand)
2/3 cup rice, white or brown
1/2 cup chili sauce (any brand)
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (any brand)
1 tsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spanish Rice Bake:
1. Place extra virgin olive oil in a medium-sized skillet. Heat olive oil on low heat for one minute.
2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and pre-heat your grill to a medium-high setting.
3. Remove Premio Fresh Chorizo links from the package and place them on the grill. Cook through until chorizo reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. using a meat thermometer. Then, remove the links from the grill, let cool and slice them into coins.
4. Place cooked Premio Chorizo in a large cooking pot. Add onion, yellow pepper, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, cumin, sea salt and pepper to sausage. Stir ingredients to mix well.
5. Place the large cooking pot on the stove. Simmer for 25 minutes on medium heat. Stir the sausage mixture every two to three minutes to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
6. Transfer Premio Chorizo mixture to a medium or large casserole dish or pan. Top mixture with asiago cheese.
7. Bake Premio Chorizo Spanish rice casserole about 12 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove the casserole from oven and plate. Garnish each serving with bits of cilantro.