1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage, cut into pieces
1 squash (of your choice), cut into halves
1/2 cup kale, torn
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper 1/2 tablespoon mint
2 tablespoons panko crumbs 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spicy Sausage Stuffed Squash:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Place squash on a roasting pan, cut-side down, and bake until squash is tender, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
2. While squash cools, heat a skillet over medium heat. Cut Premio Sausage pieces and add to skillet; saute until browned and crispy. Add in the diced onion and torn kale; saute until onions brown and kale wilts slightly. Pour in the broth and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until liquid is reduced.
3. While mixture simmers, scoop out insides of squash and mash slightly. Mix the squash with the sausage, kale, onion and seasonings.
4. Scoop mixture into squash halves Top with walnuts, panko and grated Romano cheese. Serve with fresh mint for garnish.
SERVES: 2-3SERVES: 2-3