1 (16 ounce) package Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage, grilled and sliced
8 ounce container fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1 sliced sweet red onion
Glazed Pecans (recipe below)
Balsamic Red Wine dressing (recipe below)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Strawberry Spinach Salad with Premio Sweet Basil Sausage:
1. Bring sugar, water, salt and cinnamon to boil in small sauce pan. Add pecans and coat with glazing.
2. Continue boiling for 2-3 minutes. Spread on cookie sheet to cool (they should be crunchy).
Balsamic Red Wine Dressing:
1. Bring wine to a boil and cook for 1 minute; remove from heat. Add vinegar, sugar and salt, stir until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and stir vigorously or shake well.
1. Toss Spinach, strawberries, onion and warm Premio Sweet Basil Sausage with dressing. Sprinkle each plated serving with 1/4 cup pecans.