1/2 pound Premio Mild Italian Sausage
6 Poblano peppers
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 package Spanish rice
1 package Mexican cheese, shredded
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Stuffed Poblanos Ole:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Roast peppers on grill until blackened. Remove and seal in plastic bag until cooled. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Brown and drain hamburger meat; cook according to package directions.
3. Grill Premio Sausage according to package directions. Combine meats with 2 cups of rice.
4. Peel skins from peppers and remove seeds. Stuff peppers with meat and rice mixture.
5. Bake stuffed peppers in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Add sauce and cheese and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until bubbly hot. Top your sausage stuffed poblano peppers with sour cream, chopped avocado, salsa and shredded lettuce.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6