1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage
2 cups chunky salsa, mild or medium, divided
3/4 cup water
1 package taco seasoning
5 cups blue corn tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup prepared guacamole
1/3 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
1/3 cup sliced black pitted olives
1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Super Sausage Nachos:
1. Remove casings from sausage and brown sausage in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to seperate meat. Pour off fat
2. Add beans, water, and taco seasoning. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place nachos on oven safe dish, sprinkle with sausage meat mixture and cheese. Heat in oven until cheese is melted.
4. Layer with additional toppings and serve.