1 package Premio Italian Chicken Sausage with Cheese & Garlic, sliced on the bias into 1/2-inch slices
2 tablespoons butter
2 leeks (white and light green party only), halved lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Finely grated zest from 1 lemon
1 cup heavy cream 5 ounces baby spinach
Shredded Parmesan cheese Pine nuts (optional)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make SuPremio Sausage and Spinach Pasta:
1. In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the Premio Chicken Sausage and lemon zest to leeks; cook, tossing frequently, until the sausage is cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
3. Add the cream 1/2 teaspoon salt to the pasta in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring until slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sausage mixture and the spinach; toss to combine. Serve garnished with shredded parmesan cheese and pine nuts (optional) on top.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6