1 package of Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 fresh, ripe tomatoes
1 pound penne pasta
1 package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
2 cups chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Romano cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Basil and Spinach Penne:
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Add penne to pot and cook until al dente, according to package instructions; drain.
2. At the same time, in a nonstick sauté pan, brown the Premio Sausage on both sides. Add garlic.
3. Once garlic is translucent (1-2 minutes), add chicken stock and bring to Boil.
4. Add spinach and let simmer until pasta is done. Add sauce to pasta and stir. Serve with fresh, chopped tomatoes and Romano cheese.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4